I'm a musician, composer, administrator, teacher, and writer on music. I was born in Frederick, Maryland in 1983, but now I live in the Cleveland area. I write music for soloists and instrumental ensembles of various kinds as well as electronic music and music to accompany theatre, dance, and film. I hold degrees in composition from the University of Minnesota (PhD), Brunel University (MPhil), the University of Illinois (MMus), and the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (BA). I'm the Program Manager of the Northern Ohio Youth Orchestra and Managing Editor at 113 Composers Collective. I also direct the Lab Group, NOYO's collaborative composing ensemble. I'm a member of ASCAP, the American Composers Forum, and the Cleveland Composers' Guild.
- Red River of the North for violin and cello, 7'
- The Panoramic for trombone and chamber ensemble, 8'
- The Unseasonable for violin duo, 14'
- The Eyelash In My Teeth for baritone sax, percussion, and fixed media, 10'
- I Am Here In This Critical Ocean for piano trio, 9'
- The Senses Tablecloth for violin and piano, 10'
- Bare Azaleas for violin and fixed media, 2'
- There's No Place for string quartet, 12'
- The Recording You Will Now Hear for chamber ensemble and fixed media, 7'
- Outstanding Debts for flute, 2'
- Gift Wrap for piano, 2'
As Natrec HST
Music for Film, Theatre, and Dance
- Younger Than Yesterday, the Byrds
- Mind Out of Matter, Alarm Will Sound
- Sift, Transient Canvas
- Sanctuary, Mario Diaz de Leon and TAK Ensemble
- bc+1, Binary Canary
- Melting the Darkness, Miranda Cuckson
- Selected Compositions (1993-2013), Thomas DeLio
- Big Robot, Big Robot
- The Crutch of Memory, Aaron Cassidy
- Devisadero, Christopher Shultis
- Critical Aesthetics and Compositional Informatics
- Voice-Leading and Harmonic Criteria in the First Phrase of Stuart Saunders Smith's Rose
- The Spiritual Construction of Tuning in American Experimental Music
- Structural Integration of Television Phenomena in Joji Yuasa's Observations on Weather Forecasts